Thursday, April 23, 2009

How easy is it to get your recommended daily intake of veggies in 1 meal!

Experimenting with food is something so out of the ordinary for me, I would class myself as a barely adequate cook, very unimaginative in this area.

The specific menu outline that Joey gives for my SBM program is encouraging me to break out of the rut, use more herbs and spices
& eat different foods that I once wouldn't even try, which combine to tickle my taste buds.

I really enjoy sauteed veggies, this is how I prepared some for last night's dinner (serves 2)...

Heat pan with 1 tbl spn of olive oil, chop 1/2 small onion & 1 clove of garlic, add to pan & cook until soft

Chop 1/8 cabbage, 6 baby carrots (raw), 1 stalk celery, 4 cherry tomatoes, small red pepper, 1 zucchini and/or yellow squash

Stir on low heat, season with Italian herbs or whatever you like,
(I also add some sesame seeds & a few squeezes of lime juice) these are then served with steamed green beans, finish by drizzling
1 tbl spn of olive oil over the top

No comments:

Post a Comment