Tuesday, April 14, 2009

You are what you eat..?

A comment from my hairdresser that my hair was in much better condition made me think more deeply about what exactly has changed to make a noticeable difference.

There are definitely a number of factors but perhaps most important is that since I've become a member of SBM meals & snacks are now concious choices instead of just grabbing whatever for convenience sake.

I usually do my workout early in the day & believe it's better not to do it on a totally empty stomach so I have my 1st cuppa & 2 or 3 dates, let that settle a bit, then get str8 into it.

A large glass of water flavored with lemon or lime juice is within easy reach to sip on between exercises, I've also discovered that a gr8 (& healthy!) after workout recovery is a banana, either simply as is or in a smoothie.

Take a peek at the facts here, bananas have a lot going for them -
http://www.australianbananas.com.au/research/banana-nutrition.html

No comments:

Post a Comment